To start the day off right, Mike and I slept in. Everyone else went to try to get on the Today show. Afterward, we met up at a yummy waffle stand in Bryant Park.
After a quick breakfast and a long subway ride to the Staten Island ferry, we hopped aboard and set of for Liberty Island.
The ferry ride was quick and we got a great view of lower Manhattan and the new Freedom Tower.
And of course, we had a fabulous view of Lady Liberty.
Once on the island, we took a leisurely tour.
We picked up a gift for Tricia to say thanks for helping with the kids.
When we had seen all there was to see on Liberty Island, we headed back to the dock to wait to board the ferry. Matt and I decided to make a friendly wager to see who could get their quarter through the hole. Matt made it on the first try. I missed.
We made a quick little stop on Ellis Island, and then headed back to the mainland.
Of course, we had to spend some time in Chinatown just for Matt.
He was in weird, nasty food heaven.
But the rest of us were waiting to get some lunch in Little Italy.
My pizza was awesome. I can't say much for Matt's but he was thrilled they had anchovies.
After lunch, we stopped for some delicious gelato.
And then we stopped to take a break while Mike searched to find me some migraine pills.













































































No comments:
Post a Comment