Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas Cookies

Last week I had a little help making Christmas cookies for the neighborhood party.  I gave Cameron some dough and he made one all by himself.  He was such a good little helper. 





And for those of you who wanted the recipe, here you go... WARNING: these cookies are dangerous.  You will likely gain 5 to 10 pounds.  They are the best sugar cookies I've ever tried.  And, P.S., I've made them 3 times in the past week.

SUGAR COOKIES

Cream together:
1 1/2 c butter, softened
2 c sugar

Add:
4 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
5 c flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt

Refridgerate for 1 hour

Roll and cut 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick

Bake at 400 for 6-8 minutes


BUTTER CREAM FROSTING (recipe makes just enough to frost all of your cookies)

Mix:
1/2 cup softened butter
1 lb powdered sugar

Add:
1/2 tsp butter flavoring
1/2 tsp vanilla
whipping cream or milk (about 1/2 c, just enough to get good consistency)


ENJOY!!! 
But not too much or else you're going to have a few more pounds to lose in the next few weeks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment