Anyone who knows me knows that I am not a huge fan of bold colors. My friends know that I am a plain Jane and love all things neutral. So, when we moved into this beautiful home with its statement purple, you can imagine the wheels that began turning inside my head. The purple was AWESOME for Halloween and went along perfectly with my spooky decor. But I was worried about Christmas and the rest of the year.
One day after Halloween, I was having a particularly down day. I was feeling a little unsettled and missing my old life in North Salt Lake. I knew that although there are so many aspects of my life that are up in the air, I can only control what I can control. So, I decided that it was time to say goodbye to the purple and put my stamp on part of this home. I literally had no budget to spare for this project, so I decided to head to the fabric section at Walmart to try to find SOMETHING that would work. When I got there, I was drawn to it immediately. A full bolt of silvery-taupe, semi-opaque fabric was calling my name. I couldn't find a price tag on it so I took the bolt to the fabric cutter and asked how much. She told me that it was only $1 per yard! I was shocked! She measured how much fabric was on the bolt--18 yards. I only needed 14 yards to make the curtains for the living room, but I bought the entire bolt. As I began cutting, I realized that I had exactly enough fabric to make the living room and kitchen curtains--no more, no less. It might seem like a lucky coincidence, but I know this experience was a tender mercy from my Heavenly Father, who wanted me to know that He loves me and that He is aware of what's important to me, whether it really matters or not. He wanted me to know that everything would be ok and that I might not get the answers I want or need right away, but that He has sent me to this place at this time for a reason, and that is a blessing. I'm grateful to know that there is a God and that He knows us and loves us, and that through His plan, we can return to him again someday.





No comments:
Post a Comment