The last weekend of June 2013, we went to Rockport Reservoir for the Snell family campout.
Mike took the kids up by himself on Thursday night, since I had to stay in town until Friday afternoon to attend the Lewis' temple sealing. When I finally got to camp the kids were all playing in the sand and the water.
Since I had been there a few hours and no one else had shown up yet, we decided to take a little drive to enjoy the scenery and get out of the heat.
When we got back to camp, everyone was there and ready to play.
Uncle Shay was a good sport and gave the kids a ride on the lake in the raft.
Mike took the kids for a little ride on the tube before dinner.
When the sun went down behind the mountains, we decided it was time to call it quits and eat some dinner.
Nisha and Brad were in charge of dinner. We had dutch oven chicken and potatoes. Yum!
We sang "Happy Birthday," to Mike and let him open a present.
The kids weren't really into sitting around the fire, so they just played around it.
Gavin was being super safe.
The next morning, Shay and Esther cooked up some breakfast.
And then it was back to the beach.
Brad and Shay took the first ride on the tube.
Shay's dogs were a little nervous.
The rest of us sat around waiting for Shay and Brad to flip.
It didn't take too long.
Then it was time for some skiing.
Nisha tried really hard to get out of the water, but all she could do was wipe out.
She got an "A" for effort.
Then it was Mike's turn.
The water was super choppy by the time Mike got in the water, so his turn didn't last too long.
After skiing, we went back to the beach and had lunch. Then I think Mike took the kids out of the tube a few more times, but I don't really remember because lunch time is when my migraine started getting out of control, and that's why there are no more pictures. I think we packed up pretty quick after that. I don't know how I got home because I don't remember the drive at all, except for the few stops where I had to puke. When we got to Mike's parent's house to clean out the boat. I went straight upstairs and hit the sack. Becky woke me up a little later and gave me some drugs, and Mike drove us home after that. I went to bed at 6 p.m. that night and slept until 6 p.m. the next night. Aside from the end, it was a very fun weekend and we all had a great time!























































No comments:
Post a Comment