Monday, May 20, 2013

PUNTA CANA 2013... The Resort

 As soon as we got through customs(which took about an hour), we met up with our shuttle driver and took the 40 minute drive to the Hard Rock, where we were staying.
 When we first got there, we waited in the long check-in line, only to be whisked away to the "members only" check-in.  Let's just say, it was so nice to sit down, get offered a drink and wait for someone to take care of everything for us.  Definitely spoiled.
 We finally made it to our room, via shuttle, since the resort is HUGE(about 2 miles long).  We were in building 5A, which ended up being a great central location.
Our room was awesome, we had a great view, and the beds were SO comfortable.  When we got there, we settled in, went to one of the gazillion restaurants at the resort, and came back to hit the sack.  We slept until 2 p.m. the next day.
 This was the view from our room.
 The next morning, or afternoon, I should say, we ate lunch and went for a long walk around the resort.  We clocked it at two miles.
 This was the plaza right outside our building.
 To get to the main building of the resort where most of the restaurants were located, we had to walk about 1/2 mile.  They had a shuttle system, but we didn't want to wait for it and felt like we could use the exercise, especially with all of the food we were eating!
 We loved watching the turtles that swim in this river that went through the resort.  There were hundreds of them.
 Rock wall, basketball, and bike rental
 Zorbing
 Kids pool.  After seeing this, we definitely want to bring the kiddos back here some day.
 There were swimming pools everywhere.  We only swam in a few of them, but they were all over the resort.
 And there was a lazy river that wrapped around part of the resort.  So fun!
 This is the main building where most of the action happens.  It is huge.  It houses several restaurants, bars, clubs, shops, the gym, spa, salon, casino and guest services.
 This is the entrance to the spa.  Oh, my.  This place was glorious.  I have never been to a nicer spa.  I could have spent my whole vacation in there.
 I stole these two images of the spa from the website because they don't allow cameras inside, but this place was so cool.  It seriously felt like we were in a Greek bath house.  We had our massages in a small dark room, then they would bring us to this pool area to relax.  Nisha and I had our 30 minute massage the second day, but I had an 80 minute massage the day that I got my sunburn.  Ouch.  Kind of a bummer.  But, after my massage, I sat in the pool to cool my skin, and rotated from each of the smaller cold pools, and that helped a lot.
 Breakfast and lunch at the resort were buffet style, unless you eat at the poolside bars, and then it is basically American snack bar kinds of foods: nachos, French fries, burgers, hot dogs, quesadillas, etc.  For dinner, we could choose from about 15 different restaurants, all with different kinds of food: Italian, American, Mexican, Caribbean, Japanese, Steak House, Deli, Pizza, etc.  The food is good, but a little different tasting.  I am used to the food, but Anisha was not, so she didn't take it as easy as I did.  I never really felt sick at all from the food on this vacation and I think it's because I knew that if I overdid it, I would pay for it :) The only day I felt sick was the day of my sunburn and I think it's because the burn was so bad.  I even had a fever.
The resort was all decked out.  Super fancy.
They put fresh flowers in the bathrooms and would turn down our beds and leave chocolates for us at night.
The resort was decked out with all sorts of rock star memorabilia.  I loved this car that Madonna used once to drive to an award ceremony.  It was like a giant reflector.
And, of course, where would we be without the enormous painting of the King of Pop?!
The Hard Rock was immaculate.  Super clean.  Super nice.  We were super spoiled!

No comments:

Post a Comment