Sunday, October 7, 2012

Let's Go, Aggies

In light of our recent painful defeat, I thought it would be the perfect time for us all to reflect on the awesomeness of our Aggies and take a trip down the Utah State memory lane.
 A couple of months ago, we had the chance to head up to Logan for the day. We had a couple of hours to kill so I decided to take the kids on a little tour.
 So we went to the good old Alma Mater to start off the tour.
 I showed them all of the places we lived, starting at Valley View Tower where I lived as a freshman.

 Next, was Merrill Hall where I was a Resident Assistant for a year and a half until I got married.

University Pines was where Mike lived when we started dating.

 And this was our first little, one room apartment right across the street from the temple.

 After our summer of selling Living Scriptures, we lived in Twin Terrace, just below Old Main Hill.  This is where we lived when I was pregnant with Hallie.

 Until we moved to University Villa to be apartment Managers.  That's where we lived when Hallie was born for a lengthy 9 months, until we couldn't handle the spiders, box elder bugs, and everything breaking down, any more.  That's when we moved to Pine View to manage until Mike graduated with his Master's in Accouting.
We lived in two different apartments while living at Pine View.  That's where we met the Marchant's and that's where Bryant was born.

 After the tour of our housing, it was back to campus to show them around and get a little treat.  We drove by the field house where I would run 4 miles every morning.

 The institute building where Mike first asked me for my number.

 The Taggart Student Center where I spent a lot of hours.
And the University Inn... Remember that place PLCer's?!
 My future Aggies were a getting a little bored so it was time to head outside to play for a bit.
Then it was time to teach them about becoming a "True Aggie."
They thought that was pretty funny, so of course, they had to try.
Aren't these pics of Cameron going to be just perfect for his portfolio?! Just kidding.  I can hope, can't I?

Then it was time to see Big Blue.  The boys wanted to ride him but when I set them up there, they realized how high he is.

Here's Bryant's awesome portfolio pic :)

 And, of course, we had to stop and get some Aggie Blue Mint Ice Cream.
 Yum!

 I left the most important place for last.
 This is the place I spent a few hours once a week, every week of my college experience.  
And it was so worth every minute.
 And this is my favorite Cache Valley memory-- my perfect, but imperfect little family. 
Oh, how we miss that place!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I love Utah State! I loved this post (I love them all) and all the feelings that those same pictures invoke for me, I just love! I remember visiting you at Merrill, I remember you coming over after you got back from selling Living Scriptures, I remember eating Sunday dinner with you in at the Twin Terrace, I remember going to Hallie baby shower, I remember visiting you the last day of school (I think . . . everyone was moving out of Pine View and it was crazy) when Bryant was just born . . . plus all of my own memories. I loved my 6 years up there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, the memories! How are you doing? I look at your blog all the time. We need to get together some time.

      Delete
  2. Ang, I loved reading this and picturing what it might have been like if Matt and I had stayed in Logan after we got married. Sigh. Total regret. But what's so funny is WE sold LivingScriptures the summer after we got married too! We hated it! We were in St George, where did you guys go?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No way! That is hilarious. We hated it, too. I sold for 3 years, though. My 1st and 2nd years I was single and it was very profitable. I went to Modesto, CA, my 1st year and northern AZ and Vegas my 2nd year. I met Mike BEFORE my 2nd summer and we started dating AFTER my 2nd summer. We got married in December and went to San Jose, CA, for my 3rd summer. It's so not the same experience when you're married. We hated every minute of it and by the time we actually got out there, I was sick of sales. I also got really sick that summer, so I pretty much laid by the pool all summer. We did some great vacationing while we were out there, and that was awesome. Plus, my best friend lived with us. What more can a gal ask for?! We'll have to get together and talk LSI together. Ha, ha. Just kidding. We can just get together and have a good time :)

      Delete