The leprechauns visited us this morning and turned our milk green. Pretty disgusting if you ask me, but the kids thought it was pretty awesome. We did the whole green breakfast thing, which made Hallie a little late for school. Oh, well. I had a stake primary training dinner tonight. I was in charge of coming up with a gift for the presidencies & some other leaders (on a super tight budget) and I'd seen these cake pops in the past and thought it would be fun to make some. Boy, was I wrong. Mass producing almost 100 cake pops was not a good idea. It is a lengthy, time consuming process, which took me about 6 hours from start to finish. I have to say that although it totally SUCKED making them, they turned out super cute and the kids LOVED them, too. I was really bummed that my camera is in Florida with Mike so I couldn't take a picture of them, so I stole a picture from bakerella.com. Mine were mint chocolate on the inside and green on the outside with a little drizzle of white chocolate. I put a cute little treat baggie over the top and tied this tag (from sugardoodle.net) to them.
I think they were a big hit. I am definitely marveling at my craftiness. I felt like a super homemaker today. Yeah me! Maybe I'll make them again... or, maybe not.


No comments:
Post a Comment