Thursday, December 25, 2014

The Saddest Day


 I met Veronica while serving in Stake Primary in the North Salt Lake Legacy Stake. She served as our Stake Primary Music Leader, and lead the music at our stake baptisms each month. I remember her bringing her gorgeous new baby boy, Garrett, with her to stake baptisms, and her letting us take turns holding him as she lead the music. He was such an angel.
Two summers ago, I had the opportunity to take some portraits of this adorable family of seven. I wish I had known then that it would be the last time they would get the chance to have a family portrait with everyone present.
 This summer, Veronica and Cody's baby was taken home. 
This summer was the last time I would look at life the same way again. 
This summer, a piece of me was changed forever as I witnessed and shared some very intimate, sacred and painful moments with this family, as they said goodbye to their precious baby boy.

For the Andrew's family...

The Day God Took You Home

A million times
I've needed you
A million times I've cried,
If love alone
Could have saved you
you never would have died. 
In life I loved you dearly,
In death I love you still.
In my heart you hold a place,
No one else can fill.
It broke my heart to lose you,
But you didn't go alone
Part of me went with you,
The day God took you home.
Garrett Allan Andrew 
April 3, 2011 - July 13, 2014

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Tribute. That would have been so hard to photograph. You did an excellent job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, July. It was one of the most difficult things I've ever done, but I'm glad I was able to do it.

      Delete