Yep, that's right. I canned stuff.
I've never done this before but have had really good intentions. A few years ago, I bought all the supplies, but when the time came when my garden was going crazy, I was going crazy trying to finish all of my clients photos for Christmas card season. Well, this time, I decided I wasn't going to let that get in my way. I might regret it when I have to stay up all night long to edit, but when I open that can of peach jam and spread it all over a nice warm piece of homemade bread, it'll all be worth it.
Our garden is always overrun with tomatoes, so I did three pints of pizza sauce and 20 pints of pasta sauce.
And, I just love peaches, so I picked up a box at the fruit stand and made some fresh peach pie, 36 half pints of jam, and one quart of jam (since I ran out of the 1/2 pint jars).
I can't believe I did it. With a little advice from my sister and friend, and the owner's manual to the pressure cooker, you, too, can "can!"






No comments:
Post a Comment