Tomorrow morning, my beautiful baby boy is going to be baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. I can't believe this day has already come. I'm afraid that if I close my eyes for just a second, he'll be grown and gone.
I've always had a special connection to this sweet little boy. When I was pregnant with Hallie, I had a dream where I saw a beautiful dark skinned, dark haired little boy jumping up and down in his crib. I had the distinct impression that his name was Bryant Gene, and that he was waiting to come to our family. So when I finally delivered a little brown baby boy, two years later, I knew it was him, and I was head over heels in love.
Now, he's growing up and getting ready to face a really tough world. I want him to always remember how much his Dad and I, and his Heavenly Father and Savior, Jesus Christ, love him. I want him to always remember that he will find happiness and safety if he makes the right choices, and if he listens carefully, and keeps his mind, body and spirit clean, he will be able to feel the Spirit guide and direct him throughout this life. I hope he always remembers his special day and the covenant he will make with God to take Christ's name upon him and to always remember Him and keep His commandments. I know that this is the only way to find happiness and peace in this troubled world. I want him to gain his own testimony of these important truths, and I want him to know, without a doubt, that he is so very loved-- always and no matter what.


































What a great testimony he will be able to read and reread over and over again as he faces choices in life. You're a great mom, Ang! And Bryant's a great kid!
ReplyDelete