Sunday, December 23, 2012

Grandma Music's 80th Birthday



This pretty lady is my Grandma Music.  Her real name is Elaine Andrus Watts, but she is incredibly musical and has always insisted on us calling her Grandma Music.  Last March, she celebrated her 80th birthday and we threw a big family surprise party for her.
I wanted the theme of the party to be vintage and I wanted it to be all about her, so I asked the family for photos of her, printed them all in sepia and backed them with scrapbook paper.  I clothes pinned them all to some jute and hung them from the ceiling.  On the backs of the photos, we wrote our memories of her and when the party was over, I compiled them into a photo book for her to take home.


I made this cute little sign out of white burlap to celebrate the occasion and hung gold and white balloons.

I also made sugar cookies with white frosting and had white candies in glass jars for us to snack on.
Anisha and I made soups, and everyone else brought more yummy food to eat.
After dinner, we watched a slide show of all the photos we had compiled and talked about all of the memories we'd had of those pictures.
Grandma had a great time reminiscing with us.
Aunt Gloria made Grandma's favorite cake.
We sang to her and she blew out the candles.
Then she opened her presents.

Afterward, we went out back to take some pictures.
Grandma Music with two of her grandchildren (7 total) and five of her great grandchildren (7 total).
(Pictured: Grandma, Heather, Jedd, Cameron, Bryant, Hallie, Cailyn & Gavin)
Grandma Music with five of her grandchildren and six of her great grandchildren.
(Pictured top: Cody, Cameron, Angalee, Jedd, Anisha, & Easton; 
Bottom: Grandma, Heather, Bryant, Hallie, Gavin & Cailyn)

Grandma with four of her five children.
(Pictured: Gloria, Dan, Julie, Christine and Grandma; Not pictured: Meladee)
Happy 80th Grandma!  Sorry it took me so long to get these posted :)

No comments:

Post a Comment