Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Manti Pageant

 After being hot and tired, we drove into Manti and saw this.  That was the first time I had ever seen the Manti LDS Temple, and the feeling I felt when I saw it, was like nothing I had experienced before.  Just seeing it on the hill in the middle of that dry, barren valley was overwhelming and incredibly spiritual.
 And after seeing that beautiful temple, we went to the dusty, dry, not-beautiful campground.
 And sat in the dirt (while Mike set up the tent).
 After set-up was done, we went to the campground pool to cool off for a while.
 After we finished swimming, we set up our blankets at the temple and took a stroll down Main Street to get some dinner.
 After dinner we took a walk to the Tabernacle to cool off.
Cameron found this guy sleeping and asked me if he was dead and then he started making fun of the "dead guy."
 Then he decided to BE the "dead guy."
 And we topped off with some Shaved Ice.
 The pageant was awesome.  The kids loved the Nephite & Lamanite wars, the fire and the volcano when Jesus died, and when Christ was resurrected.  We felt the spirit and couldn't have asked for a better family activity.

1 comment:

  1. OK, totally laughing out loud right now at Cameron and the "dead" guy. Heeeeee-larious! And does Bryant not have the most expressive face in the world???

    ReplyDelete