Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Another awesome FHE... Recognizing the snares of Satan

Last night for FHE, Mike planned and awesome fishing activity based around this video from Mormon.org
We watched the video and talked about all of the ways Satan can ensnare us.  Then we let the kids go fishing.  The kids went to the top of the stairs with the fishing pole and lowered it down.  Mike attached a big red Swedish fish and a note.  When the kids felt a tug on their line they knew they had to reel in their fish.
Next, they had to read the note attached to the fish to see if it was a good fish or a bad fish.
 If it was a good fish, they could keep it.  If it was a bad fish, they had to throw it back.
 Let's just say, they kind of loved it.
 Throw it back!
It's a good thing my husband is so awesome.  He is the most creative FHE planner I know.
Thanks, Mike :)

1 comment:

  1. Angalee, I am so glad you linked this to facebook so I could come across your blog! I am always looking for fun fhe ideas, so Thank You for posting yours! And that header pic of your family is so gorgeous! You're all so good looking. And I'm jealous of your blogging skills. Really. It's awesome! I'll be checking back regularly if that's ok...

    ReplyDelete