Tuesday, February 7, 2012

It's been a long day, people!

I don't know what got into me today, but something told me that today was the big day.  Maybe it is the fact that we are almost out of diapers and I don't want to drop another $40 at Costco.  Maybe it's because I have felt like CRAP the past few days since my wonderful experience of being covered in beef chunks and blood at the cannery (Oh, yes. That's another post entirely... and I literally have been sick since then).  Or, maybe it's because I just needed another reason to stay home from the store and not spend money-- since apparently I can't walk into a store and not drop at least $50.  Yes, they're all good reasons.  But, let's face it-- when people look at you funny because your ginormous child who looks like a five year old wreaks because he needs a diaper change and you've been stuck in the same check-out line for 20 minutes at Walmart, you know you're going to have to bite the bullet one of these days real soon and just do it.
 So, for whatever reason, today was potty training day.  We started off the day in this pair of Thomas undies and didn't have to change until 6:30 p.m.  Yep.  That's 10 hours in the same pair of undies.  He was a champ!  
 We made a potty chart so that every time he went potty in the toilet he could add a new "McQueen" sticker.  Very effective.  We didn't make the chart until he had already used the potty about 4 times.  That's 17 times.  He had a lot to drink today, in case you're wondering.  I also bought him a "potty" doll, which he has taught how to go potty.  She had to have a time out, though, because she peed on the carpet once.  Oops!

We made Cameron a potty cake to celebrate his success.

And he did a few sexy poses in his Thomas undies.

Then, we partook.  He was very excited about the "poop" on the potty cake.  Unfortunately, that didn't translate very well because at 6:30, when I wasn't watching him for two seconds, he pooped.  Not in the toilet :(

I made him clean it up himself.  Hopefully, he'll remember how gross it was when he needs to go tomorrow...
Because he's not getting his Thomas pirate ship until he does.

P.S. Here are the other kids with their potty cakes (theirs were much more fancy)...
 Oh, my goodness!  Aren't they so little and cute!  
Hallie had just turned 2, Bryant was 3 1/2, and Cameron is turned 3 in November.

2 comments:

  1. What happened at the Cannery? It sounds like a total nightmare! I am so SO sorry! BTW, I love the potty Cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the potty cake idea! Such a great way to celebrate and make the child feel like they've earned the privilege to use the potty!

    ReplyDelete