Thursday, December 1, 2011

O Christmas Tree



In an attempt to get some better behavior out of our kids for the month of November, we bribed them with the prospect of cutting down a real Christmas tree that they could decorate themselves.  Well, Hallie definitely earned it.  She made her bed every day for a month and tried really hard to be obedient.  Bryant, on the other hand... well, let's just say he was lucky to come along.

 The Saturday after Thanksgiving, we went to a tree farm in Morgan with Mike's sister, Steph, and her husband, Matt, and their two kiddos.  This is a cute pic of Matt and Capri.

 Since Hallie was the one who earned the tree, she got to pick it out.  It took her FOREVER so I finally had to narrow it down to two and let her pick.

 Mike let Bryant and Hallie help him cut down the tree.

 Then he carried it on top of his head down the mountain.

 Cameron and Rhett had a great time running through the "forest,"

And Mike and Matt had a fun time trying to tie the trees to the top of the van.


 When we took the decorations out of the attic, Cameron found the Santa hats and stockings and decided to be St. Nick.  He walked around the house for about an hour with stockings on his feet and multiple Santa hats on his head saying, "Ho, ho, ho! Merry Chrissmas!"

 Hallie put the star on top of the tree.

And Bryant had to pretend that he did, too, to make himself feel better.


This is the end result of a few days of decorating.  I personally love the kids' tree-- except for the mess of the pine needles that I have to vacuum up every freaking day.


Here's the front living room with my tree.  I decided to go white this year for something different.

Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT! I can't wait to see it in person. When the kids get out of school for Christmas break we'll have to come up and have a cousin day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. I've never done the "cut down your own Christmas tree" thing... was it worth it?

    ReplyDelete