Friday, January 7, 2011

Sending our LOVE to the Garbage Man

 Today is Garbage Day.  Every Friday, we hear the engine from the garbage truck rumble down our street. Twice. Once for the garbage and once for the recycling.  So, if it's 7 a.m. on a Friday morning, you better get ready for some serious freaking out because our screaming, wide-eyed little two year old is going to plow through the front door and go out to greet the garbage man because he just LOVES his big truck.

This morning, I was in the tub and heard the truck coming, and told Mike to hurry and run the dumpsters out to the street.  The truck had already passed the house, so he had to run the over-flowing recycle bin down the street to put it in front of the neighbor's house.  So, what does Cameron do?  He runs right after him in his socks on the nasty, muddy, frozen road to catch up to the garbage truck.  He wasn't worried that it was only 10 degrees outside, of course, he was just so excited to see the truck.  When the truck turned and headed down the next street, Mike yelled at Cameron to go in the house.  So, Cameron turned around and went back to sit on the porch to wait it out for the next one to come.  Cameron threw a massive fit when Mike finally came back and wouldn't let him sit out there with no shoes or coat to wait for the garbage truck.  Where did we get this kid?

I wonder what the garbage man thinks?!

3 comments:

  1. That is super cute. I just love the pic of him waving. lol. What is with boys?

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO cute. I have to say I am in bed...but one day maybe i'll be out in the driveway waving to the garbage man when Sophie is bigger :)

    ReplyDelete