Thursday, October 8, 2009

Fiesta! Ole!

In Hallie's class during geography, they've been studying different places and cultures throughout the world. The past few weeks have been spent in Mexico. To culminate all of their learning, they had a Mexican fiesta. I am the classroom manager (or room mommy) for Hallie's class so I was able to help plan the party.
The kids made very colorful sombreros out of paper and sampled yummy Mexican cuisine (taquitos, chips & salsa, guacamole, rice, empanadas, and cookies that actually came from Mexico).
The class performed their version of the Mexican Hat Dance and let us take a turn with them.
Obviously, the pinata was a success.
I can't believe Hallie is so grown up. It is so much fun to go to her class, see what she is doing, and watch her interact with the other kids. It feels like I was just there myself not too long ago and I know that if I blink, it's going to be over in a flash. So, I've got to enjoy it while it lasts.

And, last, but not least, one of the boys Hallie calls her boyfriend. Yes, I said ONE of the boys. She is already playing the field. A few nights ago she informed me that she had broken up with Bronson(the last boyfriend), and had hooked up with Justin and Taggart. She claims that Taggart wants to marry her, and that Justin REALLY likes her and she likes him because "he's so stylish," (followed by a huge grin and giggles). I thought to myself, "Yes, the boy looks stylish in his navy polo and khaki pants, just like the rest of the boys in her class." Go figure. Then she told me that she was going to marry both of them. I just don't know what to do with her, but I look forward to talking to her every day after school to find out what has happened at school and to see what she'll come up with next.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Hallie is so cute! I can't believe she is a 1st grader already! It looks like they have a lot of fun at her school. I love how she thinks that boy is so stylish even though all the boys wear the same uniforms!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo strange...I just can't figure out where she gets her flirtiness from? Haha! Nice to see what you were like as a child Ang! Two at a time...that sounds appropriate for your daughter! Hallie is such a doll. I can't wait to have a little girl of my own. Just wait, here comes hell on wheels! (that's not an announcement...i'd visit you...or use Hallie to tell Jonny again).

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's pathetic I know, but I had no idea you had a blog and I am so excited to keep up with you guys now! Since we moved from Utah I have no idea what's going on, and I never got to meet Cameron....he is ADORABLE! I hope you are loving your new place!

    ReplyDelete